Tuesday 23 December 2008

Kokka Bat Shoes

About 6 months ago I went to the Quilting and Beading show at the Melbourne Exhibition Building (Jeff Shed) and Patchwork on Central had a stand with lovely Japanese Linen's. A friend had told me about working with Japanese linens and cottons and I thought that they were gorgeous, but not my colours. Very pastel and flippy colours. I like stronger colours!

Anyway, the Patchwork on Central stand had a basket with some lovely Kokka fabrics in them and I fell in love! I had previously attempted to make my daughter Tori a pair of skull and crossbone shoes, she was slowly wearing those out and I was on the search for different fabric for her next pair.
This was when I fell in love with the Kokka Bat fabric. I first spotted the black design and I bought a fat quarter worth of it. Then on my second take I saw the red design and I grabbed some of that as well.

I love working with the medium weight cottons that Kokka makes. They are durable and lovely to handle. The "Bat" design is absolutely gorgeous. To date I have made shoes and pencil cases with the fabric and I am fortunate enough to have a bolt of the black bat design sitting in my workroom. I want to do some special things with it and I haven't unwrapped it just yet.

I uploaded these to my Konstant Kaos etsy shop last night, I hope people fall in love with them as much as I did!


No comments: