Wednesday 22 July 2009

Choc Chip Cookies

It has been such a busy week, the first week back teaching I was lucky enough last Thursday to score some emergency teaching work at my school and the first class I had was Food Tech.



One group of students were making Choc Chip Cookies ... yummo। I was so impressed with the ease of the recipe and the yumminess of the result that I thought I would post it.

Ingredients

125g butter
½ cup castor sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cup self-raising flour
125g chocolate chips (or in my case 125g of dark, milk and white chocolate all chopped up with a knife)

1. Preheat oven at 180°. Line 2 baking trays with non stick paper.
2. Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
3. Add lightly beaten egg, beat well.
4. Mix in sifted flour
5. Add chocolate chips and mix well
6. Shape mixture into small balls and place on lined baking trays, allow room for spreading. You can pop the balls into the fridge while the oven is warming up.
7. Bake in moderate oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

Serve with yummy coffee in an eco-environment coffee cup ...

No comments: