Sunday 11 July 2010

Name Tag Swap

This month for the Melbourne Modern Quilters Guild we had a name badge swap.

I haven't really been involved in many swaps, I am always nervous that I won't have time to complete my part. But I quite enjoyed this one. It took me about an hour to make.



The name badge that I made looked nothing like the sketches that I made.

Once I got into my sewing room and looked through my fabric, the black and white with yellow bird fabric spoke to me and I went off in a completely different direction.



I didn't have a brooch back so I sewed on a safety pin. From this over exposed picture you can see some of the quilting that I did.

I used this opportunity to put together some fabrics that I had been toying with for a while. I love black, yellow and white as a combination.

No comments: