Friday 1 April 2011

Patchwork Heaven

I needed to get some backing fabric for my Monochromatic Quilt this afternoon so I ventured out with Nicholas strapped to the front of me to GJ's in East Brunswick. I couldn't resist taking a few snaps of the wall of quilting fabric.



Their "Patchwork Room" was previously upstairs with their glitter and dance range on the bottom floor. Unless you were "in the know" you probably didn't realise that they had an extensive patchwork range upstairs. Now you can see it from the street.



The downstairs space is choc full of yummy patchwork fabrics, including lots of alternative prints.



Their Japanese corner now works better than it did, you can see all the prints without walking around a fixture.



And there is a table of pre-cuts when you walk in the door .. tempting you ...

Upstairs they are hoping to set up a space where they can either run lessons or have craft groups come in and sew. Very exciting!

Check out their new web site and subscribe to their mailing list to find out about sales and specials. They also have a frequent shopper program, just don't do what I do and forget to bring the card.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Yah! I still have my christmas voucher to spend. Can't wait.
PS - Finished your cover today. Will be on le blog tomorrow.

Lauren said...

I can't believe I don't know about this place! The horror! It's only 10 minutes from my house...will definitely be checking it out soon :)