Tuesday 16 August 2016

Memories of days past

I have a box of old diaries and poetry books from my high school years. While tidying the linen cupboard I came across them again and spent 10 minutes reading through some of the diary entries laughing at the hilarity of some of the statements and assumptions about life.

Amongst the normal stuff that teenagers go through, there are notes about boys that I had crushes on and tags from things like my first bra, concert tickets and "Anywhere" travelcards.


In one of the entries I mention is the movie Somewhere in Time, as I wanted a boy to take me to see it. I couldn't work out if I ended up seeing it with him. But there was a whole entry on how romantic the movie was.  I still love listening to the soundtrack in the background while I am doing work.


Every once in a while, I entertain the idea of using this material of my turbulent years. for some kind of writing project. Then life takes over and I forget that I have them.

No comments: