Tuesday 3 May 2011

Table runner finally finished


Finally scraped together the time to finish the hand stitching on the table runner.

I love the colours in this Japanese Fabric and I am contemplating making a quilt for my family space with these colours. But I am still playing with designs and fabric possibilities.

If I do a quilt with this fabric, I will probably use the fancy binding technique that Patch Andi blogged about a while back. But for the table runner, I was happy with a simple binding in black.

2 comments:

Karen said...

That table runner looks great. I keep thinking of ideas for things like that for our house, but I still like to have a cloth over the whole table to protect it for the moment. I guess at some point I'll get over that.

Oh and I love that fancy binding. I want to have a go of that now too!

Mandy said...

I love the colours you've used. I don't know where you find the time!! Looks great with the table. I too want to try out the fancy binding!