Tuesday 12 August 2014

Industrial Table Leg Inspiration

Lately, I am finding the beauty in design that is functional but also something that lasts, heirloom items if you must. These table legs caught my attention and although there are several designs similar out there, it is the lack of joints and places to gather dust that appeals to my "inner housewife".

I also love the idea that if you are tired of the table or moving house it you can pack it away for another day. These legs come in so many different colours and the choice of top is of course left up to you.


The simplicity of the concept is ikea-eque, available in several sizes this product is sure to inspire many people to create personal pieces of furniture that mean something to them. Rather than the mass produced items generally seen. I'm impressed that the concept started out as a kickstarter project and that it is produced in Detroit.


via Floyd

Ryan Sorrell has a similar product, but with a different edge to it.


Another lovely piece of design is the "Maiden" table legs. Designed by Knut Bendik Humlevik and Rune Krøjgaard these legs are cast iron and I guess they would cost a small fortune to ship to Australia.

via Norr11
But imagine them with a gorgeous Australian Jarrah top? Just like the Floyd Legs, available in table or coffee table height.

vai Norr11

Just like the Floyd Legs, available in table or coffee table height.

I am not sure where these might go in my new house, but I love the idea of using products like these to make unique items that mean something to us.

No comments: