Tonight I gave myself permission to just experiment. Rather than sew an order (which I should have been doing), I just created something from scratch and I wasn't sure where I was going. I haven't done this in a *long* time! Material, batting, interfacing and velcro!
The result, is a birthday present for a three year old this weekend. We are off to the party on Sunday (so hopefully her Mum won't read my blog until afterwards).
Not quite too sure where I got the material from, or where the idea for the two straps came from. The bag just kinda materialised from two squares. I finished it off with some buttons on the right hand side of the picture and a felt flower which I have attached with machine. The top of the bag closes with two flaps and velcro. I wanted to make it easy to open and close.
I also whipped up a quick pencil case from the left overs (note my dodgy attempt at patchwork).
I used my lanyard clips to make a strap open and close the pencil case (not sure how three year olds operate!).
Tori and I are going to put a few more goodies in the bag for the Birthday girl, hopefully she will like it. It isn't my usual style, but I think it might be good for a three year old!
5 ideas for celebrating St. Patrick's Day in your #learningcommons - Making your library space dynamic and changing displays is important to encouraging interest in the space and collection. St. Patrick's Day is one of those...
1 week ago