Thursday 5 March 2009

Quilting Sites

Since making the Wigglesworth Quilt for Kerri and her wonderful baby Lexa ... my mind has been a wash with ideas on how I can buy fabric, cut it up into little shapes and then sew it together again to create another masterpiece. I think my husband finds the process a bit pointless ... but I love the creativity in creating something so utterly unique. Especially in a society where uniqueness is far and few between.

Monday night I had a quilting brainstorming session with Jen and she left me with some of her Alice in Wonderland card fabric. I am contemplating turning it into *something* for Tori.

There are a few new quilting sites that have consumed me lately

Moda Bake Shop is a great site for ideas, especially little projects. It does have tutorials on quilts, but it has cute little tutorials to make a quilted pencil case, trivets and other small projects.

Crazy Mom Quilts is another site I have been trawling through. Lots of lovely quilts and

Oh Fransson is a favourite of mine and a site that I point people to when they are thinking about starting quilting. I love her designs and ideas and this month she has a Quilt-a-long where she is running a virtual craft class that you can sew along to.

I am starting to put up some fat quarters onto my etsy site. I like putting material colours together and I might end up putting together some fat quarter packs in the colours I love to work with. Perhaps someone can make something creative out of my colour combinations.

No comments: