Friday, 25 September 2009

A Blanket for Tori (Part 1)

My daughter attends childcare two days a week and she has recently been moved into the toddlers room. At nap time, all the kids go and get their "sleep blankets" and then settle down for their naps. We had one of these light green cotton comfort blankets kicking around at home from when she was a baby, so she has been using this. At the end of the nap, the kids stuff the blanket back into the pillow slip that it lives in and then they go back to their lockers.



Feeling that the blanket was a bit daggy and "baby like", and not wanting to food the bill for a new blanky, I decided to take off the satin trim and replace it with something a little more funky.

I had some quarters from the moda "spooktacular" range that I bought from spiceberrycottage on etsy. Technically the print is part of a halloween range, but I wanted something that would go with the green, but not took too wishy washy.



We decided on the black with orange and green dots. Although the greens are not the same colour, they tend to blend at the size that they are. From the 25cm of fabric that I had, I could cut 5 lengths of a 3 1/2 inch sash which was enough to go around the cotton blanket. I then pressed them in half and then attached to one side. Pinned and then hand stitched the other side.



Once I was happy with the "look" of it, I attached the other sides to the blanket. The corners are not sexy, but will do!



Hopefully TV time tomorrow will result in a finished blanket, then it is onto Part 2 of my "Blanket for Tori" project.

3 comments:

clare's craftroom said...

Looks great , lucky girl !

Jennie said...

Looking real good so far!

Two Bits Patches said...

Looks good. A Halloween colour palette goes all year round.