Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Sleeping Blanket for Childcare

Quite a while back my Mum gave me a cotton waffle blanket for Tori. I decided to customise the waffle blanket by unstitching the satin binding and replacing it with some striking cotton bias. In order to give the bias some more structure, I ran a few lines of stitching along the bias.

I had a meter of this yummy Michael Miller Night Owl fabric that Tori liked, so we made a matching bag for her blanket. I had a strip of green cotton left over from some of my Kona Colour Jelly Rolls that I used for the draw string.

I appliqued some owls onto the blanket and made name tags for her blanket and bag. It only dawned upon me this afternoon when I was trying to get Tori to nap that I hadn't documented what I had made ... so here it is!


Thea said...

Great idea - I love the blanket. I hope you're little girl feels much better now. x

Jennie said...

Jack would be traumatised if I took the satiny binding off his blanket!

deltoncraft said...

What a great idea and so simple and effective. Love the applique owls on the blanket - nice touch.