Thursday 25 November 2010

Old German Houses

I don't have much in the way of "my creative space" to post about this week. In fact my days have been filled up with marking, report writing, writing conference presentations (why did I agree to this?) and doing solutions to the exercises in the text books I contributed to earlier this year. On top of this, I have Tori's Dirndl to sew up tonight or tomorrow night in time for the German Church Bazaar on Saturday.

My little fingers are very tired! I have three weeks left of work and I am going to be working right until the very end I fear!

But here are some pictures that my hubby took while in Germany a few weeks back. In my husband's home town is a range of beautiful old buildings.



This house used to belong to his Uncle Gunter in a village called Holzminden. The inside was as old school as the outside with lots of natural products used.



The family spent years renovating the house with all the mod-cons.



Not sure if it is the patchwork lover in me, but I love the way these buildings exude character through showing the materials that were used to make them.



This one looks like a postcard!



If you know the name of this style of house, please email me .. I tried to google it, but alas no luck!

2 comments:

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

The bottom house looks like an "A" frame or sort of a chalet type.

Man4uinMA said...

You are exactly right. The bottom house is an A-frame Chalet.