Wednesday 7 March 2012

Sew Kind of Wonderful

I just had to re-post this gorgeous block .. isn't it lovely, it really did take my breath away!


image via Green Fairy Quilts


This one is done by Green Fairy Quilts, but it is part of a larger Urban Deco Tutorial. I like the combination of black, yellow and pattern. Not too much pattern, but just enough.

Coco Chanel is quoted as saying "To always take off the last thing you put on so that you don't over accessorize." Perhaps this should be true of quilting, to take the last patterned fabric away, replace it with a solid so that the champion of the quilt is the craftsmanship, rather than a clashing of patterns. Food for thought!
The lovely curves in the Urban Deco Block are courtesy of the Quick Curve Ruler. I think I might put this down on my "to treat myself" list.

A bit of a search on Art Deco Quilts and I came across one that Ann Boyle had done for her son from Waverley Patchworkers, as blogged about on Addicted to Quilts.


via Waverley Patchworkers


Truly gorgeous, and so different from the dusty rose and pistachio green quilts ...

I am looking forward to getting my own sewing space back when we move house, perhaps then I will have more motivation to do more sewing ... 4 weeks to go, 4 weeks to go!

No comments: