Sunday 18 July 2010

Back into another Term

Tomorrow I start Term 3 and probably the last "real" term for the Year 12 kids as Term 4 is taken up with exam preparation. I hit the ground running at 7am tomorrow morning and it is a full week for me, so 5 days of working ahead of me despite my part time status (*cough*).

So I spent yesterday doing some quilting with some colours that I have been collecting for a while.


I bought this a while back from the etsy seller North Country Quilts, Black Geometric Bird from Timeless Treasures.


I had picked up some fat quarters at GJ's a while back in a black, white, yellow theme and I thought that the bird print might make for a nice block.

So I played around with a block or two and liked the contrast.



Used some of the bird fabric for the sashing and I have to get some more of the black with dots for the last row of sashing, as I have run out of fabric. I had some left over yellow from my tetris adventures kicking around, only enough to border a few of them. Some blocks work better than others. Using more solid colours would have made the designs stand out a bit more.



I might have turned out differenly if I had sashed the blocks in a single colour, what do you think? Too busy? I seem to be getting more and more adventurous with patterns and colours at the moment.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I have a FQ of the black with yellow dots that I'm unlikely to use. You're welcome to have it.

ZippyZippy said...

It does look busy, but in this case I think it works as it looks lots of birds in a tree, the whole quilt represents the tree's, branches, twigs. Thats my 2 bobs worth anyway. Have a great busy week. Jacqueline

Little Cooties said...

looks very striking! love the colour combination

Clair said...

I just love those fussy cut birds!