Sunday, 14 August 2011


It was late.

I was high on chicken 'Twisties'.

I had already made a dinosaur tail for the birthday party we were going to ... but I wanted to sew more ... it had been so long since I had sewn.

I started with some precut components of my tote bags that I found in the big clean up and this is what I ended up with.

I used Curlypops technique for the lettering, but rather than print out the lettering on the computer (because my hubby was playing World of Tanks), I drew the letters freehand.

When ironing on the applique I couldn't help myself but include a Tyranosaurus Rex peeping up from the edge of the flap.

Inside a pocket and a clip for things. Bag hardware from Nicole M. The strap had some custom made bias sewn onto it for effect.

I think I am going to develop this Child's Satchel Bag a bit more if I have another opportunity. Perhaps this time with a bit more interfacing for structure.


CurlyPops said...

Such cute little Dino's!
Don't you love it when you find pre-cut pieces ready to sew. Brilliant timesaver.

Libster said...

excellent bag! Im on a bit of a sewing binge... doing the borders for the quilters journey.... sewed one this arvo.... pinned the next one ready to go!

Feronia said...

So cute! Amazing what you can do high on chicken Twisties...!