Sunday 20 March 2011

Dear Jane Quilt

Green Fairy Quilts linked to this, and I have fallen in love with the idea of this quilt ...


via Green Fairy

The detail in both the patchwork and quilting is breathtaking.


via Green Fairy

I can imagine that this quilt would be a long term project and definately a labour of love.


via That Quilt

I love the rainbow version, however, I can imagine it in either a monochromatic palette or white/grey/black palette.

You can buy the book here and here is the blog with instructions (But if you love it, buy the book and support your fellow crafter!).

7 comments:

Karen said...

I fell in love when I first saw that too, but I managed to look away before it lured me in... until I saw your post!

Now I want to buy the book. I doubt I'd ever make the whole big quilt, but it sure would be fun to make some pieces of it. Maybe we can start it and leave it for our daughters and their daughters to finish ;)

Libster said...

i have started a dear jane some time ago, every now and then i do another block.
I have another friend who is doing one too and is going great guns.... all by hand of course :)

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I have seen lots of Dear Jane quilts but never have been too excited about them--until I saw this one. It' so pretty. I love the fabrics you used. It doesn't look drab like most of the DJs I've seen. Love it!

Anonymous said...

That is simply stunning!
Thanks for sharing your info about the robot fabric :)

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with this one when I saw it too! Oh dear. Love your idea of doing a monochromatic palette. That would be quite stunning.

Still Quilting & Knitting said...

This looks like a project I would love to start... I would be interested to see one in black, white and greys like you suggested. A long term project but a life time piece of art.
Thanks for sharing.

audrey said...

I just had the book delivered today and joined the Twiddletails rainbow BOM to get started. I can't wait!