Sunday 2 May 2010

Old chair recovered

We bought this chair when we lived in Cheltenham, about 15 years ago. The chairs are a bit worn down and rather than being situated around a table, they are now scattered throughout the house.

I have one in my sewing room and it was looking a bit tired. The original cloth is stained and looks quite hideous. I have one of these chairs sitting in the hall and I want to cover it in a nice mushroom velvet to co-ordinate with what we are doing in that part of the house. So I thought I would give re-covering a go!



The base came off quite easily with my hubby's power tool ...



I put another layer of wadding over the top of the existing fabric and stretched the fabric over the base. Using my staple gun I attached the side of the selvage first and then the bottom side, and then each side. Probably not the most hard wearing fabric, but I love it!



*giggles*



The base gets re-attached to the chair and voila!



Not too bad for a quick crafty fix!

4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

So much better, and my fave fabric too! Ume would be proud..ha ha

Jennie said...

I hope to recover lots of chairs in clashing fabrics when we buy a house!

Did you do anything special with the corners of the fabric or just tuck them under neatly?

willywagtail said...

What a difference new material makes. So easy to colour co-ordinate all over the house too. Just great. Cherrie

ZippyZippy said...

Not bad at all, well done, now for the rest of the chairs :)
Jacqueline