Thursday 6 May 2010

Turn of a Friendly Card ...

I've had a few metres of gorgeous playing card fabric in my stash for a while now. I've made lots of pouches and lunch bags with it, but I wanted to try my hand at a baby quilt.



I played around with some 3x3 patch blocks, but ended up using a method that I learnt from the Oh Fransson web site. You fussy cut the middle block and then framing it in a complimentary fabric.



I am rather happy at the way this one has turned out. My hubby was rather excited when he realised that it was the size of a card table as well .. baby quilt doubling as a table cloth?



Now to find the energy to batt, back, quilt and bind. I was going to do the back in the fussy card houses print/check and then probably bind with a striped bias. If only I could find black and red striped bias!

I am hoping to get to the Stitches and Craft show this afternoon. I have school reports due in and the deal I have made with myself is that I get my reports in early, then I can go for a few hours and enjoy the crafty goodness ...

No comments: