Wednesday 6 January 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award

Somewhere in the depths of my inbox, I came across the comment by MissyMaoMao on my Thea and Sami post ... I had won an award! Very excited my first ever!

The deal with this award is that you have to spread the love around!

To keep it growing I have to follow 7 rules:
1) Copy the pretty picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and 3) link to their blog.
4) Write 7 things about yourself we don't know.
5) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
6) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
7) Notify your 7 bloggers.

So ...

7 Things about me you don't know
  1. I can tap dance. Started when I was about 5 and did it through to when I was about 18 and then I tried unsuccessfully to return to it during Uni and then during my first few years of teaching. Every once in a while I pop on a vinyl record and tap away for a song or two ... If you want to see me tap, buy me a martini!
  2. I was born in Scotland, UK and came to Australia when I was three .
  3. About 7 years ago I took lessons to learn how to play the piano. I learnt a few songs, bought a second hand piano and every once in a while sit down and have a tinkle with the songs that I still remember.
  4. I fear being underwater
  5. I fear large crowds
  6. I love salt and vinegar crisps (not chips but crisps)
  7. I have a strange way of saying "film", blame my Scottish upbringing for that one.
Choose 7 Bloggers to give the award to and link to them
  1. Elizabeth from Oh Fransson
    This blog I guess inspired me to get started on this journey of crafting and blogging. Her creations were just beautiful and inspiring. I spend hours going through and tracing her journey before deciding to start my business. I love her paintbox quilt and hope to make it for my daughter one day.
  2. Rashida from I heart linen
    Another inspirational blog which fired me up and got me up off my butt and in front of the sewing machine. She has just released a new book and probably won't have time to read the email that I send her, but her work is just lovely.
  3. Beky from Pivotal Xpressions
    She is just starting off on her crafty journey, but hey, look at what she has achieved in a very short amount of time. Every time I see her market stall I am in awe of what she has created.
  4. Jennie from Mrs Beckinsale
    Another craftey WAHM that part of the Northside Makers crowd. Jennie has a very analytical way of looking at things and you can see from reading her blog that she goes about her craft in a very methodical way. What she produces is inspiring to others.
  5. Jay from Finki Handmade
    Jay needs to blog more about what she does! I was fortunate to share stall space with her at the washed out Northcote Kris Kringle Market, so had some real-life time to get to know her a bit better.
  6. Melanie from Kimono Reincarnate
    Melanie makes the most exquisite things with old Kimono's. Not only have I enjoyed reading about her creative process, but also reading about how she copes with it all being a Mum.
  7. Karen from House of Wilson
    A newby to the blogging world but Karen has shared so much in her short amount of time. Years ago I was blessed with the opportunity to join her in a costuming adventure for the Australian Costumiers Guild Ball. We collectively submitted a range of costumes based on the "devil and the seven deadly sins". Karen does the most beautiful costuming work, creative and meticulous in execution. I am looking foward to seeing what Karen does with her blog and crafty energies.

1 comment:

Beky said...

Thank you! I'm touched. I will do my list tomorrow!