Tuesday 24 November 2009

Working overtime

With only a few days before my first Christmas market at Northcote Town Hall, the machines are working overtime and so am I! Bags, fabric covers, shoes, pencil cases ... lots of things on the production line.

In addition to sewing, I am also in the middle of marking and reports at school ... I am a crazy woman!

Here are some fabric covered journals that I finished last night with material inspired by the work of the lovely Cathy ...



I've made the fabric covered books large enough to take either A5 diaries, notebooks or sketchbooks (can you tell that I couldn't make up my mind?). I can imagine the recipe card book being used to keep clippings or notes of your favourite culinary delights.


Scrapbook inside

Journal inside


Diary inside.

I was a bit particular when choosing the diary insert, it had to be functional. For me, having a space to write a list makes it more functional.

If you miss me at Kris Kringle, catch up with me at the second Northside Makers Market at Northcote Uniting Church on Saturday 28th November, 2009.

Northside Makers Market Poster 28 November v1

3 comments:

Missymaomao said...

Should be a great market, hope you sell lots.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Good luck at the market! I'm sure you'll do well, the journals look great!

Cathie said...

wow...me, inspired you!!
wow Margaret...blushing!
love your journals & will definitely need to have a wander to your little corner on Saturday.
here's to a fabulous day.