Wednesday 2 June 2010

More material for Tori's Paintbox Quilt

Tori's painbox quilt is progressing slowly ... the great thing about patchwork is that you get through the project one block at a time. I finally got around to making the blocks from the Sprout Design fabric that I got a while back.



Looking through all my blocks, I noted that I had a lot of generic patterns. And since Tori responded so well to the Sheep blocks, I thought I would buy some more Sprout fabric to fill in some of the gaps. I think I am about 10 sets of blocks off finishing enough to start sashing.



So I ordered more more fabric from one of my favourite online fabric stores Kelani Fabric from some of my favourite Aussie Designers, Sprout.

First, some Orange Toy Cars ...



Then some red Owls in a row ... we have lots of red blocks in the quilt, but one more won't hurt .. will it?



And some Toy Bikes ... again, we have two other navy blocks but this one I will sash in dark indigo fabric.




And some Giraffe's ...




Lots of fussy cutting required to make these designs work in the Paintbox Quilt, but I think that they will set it off quite well.

Have you made a paintbox quilt?

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love all those fabrics, I wish I had an excuse to buy some. I've really loved that giraffe one since the first time I saw it. Maybe I could find an excuse to get some since our nursery will have an animal theme ;)

Can't wait to see your finished quilt, I'm sure those themed fabrics will make a nice addition to the colours!

Little Cooties said...

They look great! Am sure Tori will love the finished quilt, and I can't wait to see it :)