Thursday 10 February 2011

My creative space ...

I've been working at breakneck speeds (as fast as a full term pregnant woman can work) to try and get this quilt finished before baby arrives. Which could be any day now given that I am past my due date.

My hubby has a theory that it won't arrive until I have it finished and I am relaxed ...



Of course, it wouldn't be me if I wasn't also writing tutorials for each block for my blog as well. I must be mad!

What do you think of the layout? There has been much debate on Facebook about the balance of a few of the blocks, how would you re-arrange it?

What is in your creative space today? To join in, head on over to Kootoyoo's new web site!

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Getting the balance right is difficult. I'm only debating the bottom centre and bottom right blocks. Maybe swap them?

Katie said...

Good quilt! Really different from a lot I've seen. My suggestion would be to swap the bottom right square and the bottomg middle square, but to be honest it would look good however. Good luck with your final few days!

Seaweed and Raine said...

What a great idea! I wish I had thought of that when I had my two littlies!
Not sure about the balance thing. The two previous comments seem to be in agreeance?

seabreezequilts said...

Now just to put a spanner in it move the centre top block to the left then you have all your darker blocks going diagnally down the middle. Fantastic quilt though which ever way you put it together.

Michelle said...

I think it looks great the way it is! Love the black and white together - really, really bold!

Leanne @deltoncraft said...

The bottom right corner seems a little 'heavy' wondering if there should be a swap there or if the black lines are just a bit too thick for the overall balance? Maybe wait until you lay it out with the sashing?