Tuesday 22 February 2011

Colour Wheel Quilts

I love quilts with lots of colour and I love seeing colour wheel quilts.

It goes with my whole practical angle on quilting. I guess that is why I love the concept of Oh Fransson's Paintbox Quilt or books like City Quilts.

Being house bound, found me searching for colour wheel quilts and I came across a few that I think are rather gorgeous!

Gorgeous Queen Size bed quilt by Knit Stitch Click. I love the way they have quilted this one with the radius of the colours.

Judy Villet has made this gorgeous Quilt called "Hue". Her homepage is here, but I got this image from the Common Threads Vancouver Web Site. The only thing that I don't like is that the stipling on the black is not darker.


Colour Wheel Ticker Tape Quilt by Flossieblossoms. This one looks like an idea stash buster. The colours are laid on with applique and I love the scrappy feel of it. The blog is gorgeous as well .. I have definately become a fan!



Not quite a colour wheel, but a colour palette quilt. I love the scrapy nature of this one and the fact that they used a $3 walmart sheet as backing.


via flickr

Have you attempted one of these colour wheel quilts?

I'd love to know how it turned out!

1 comment:

Karen said...

You might enjoy following the Bottled Rainbow Quilt Along.
Another project I wish I could do, but I just can't do everything at once, and can't afford buying that much new fabric right now either.