Thursday 24 February 2011

My creative space ...

My creative space this week has been mostly taken up with strategies for dealing with baby. As with most newborns, they like to be near, so I stole an hour the other night and whipped up this baby sling using instructions via the following site, Jan Andrea at home on the web. The pattern I used was the tube sling pattern and there is an excellent link to a PDF that talks about positioning baby in it.



Being a fabric hoarder, I had lots to choose from but decided on the lovely Ouka by Kokka in black and purple. It is a medium weight Japanese print and using it for something like this is a complete indulgence. But I figured if it didn't work out, I could chop it up for a quilt.

Have you ever self induged and made something for yourself from expensive fabric?

Interested in more creative spaces, check out Kootoyoo ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous!

spectacularfairywren said...

love the sling - not an indulgence, it will be your most worn accessory! Then it can become a quilt later for the memories ! Lovely

Pearlin J said...

Love the fabric you choose. the sling looks so pretty.