Monday 28 February 2011

Made by Joel

Made by Joel, kept me sidetracked for a while!

Lots of ideas and links to other interesting web sites. The thing that I like the most about the projects that Joel makes is that they are simple and yet complex.



One project that captured my attention was the hanging wall box Aquarium. I've been trying to teach Victoria how to sing The Beatles Octopus' Garden. Walnut Boats are another project we might try given the frequency of our Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad in our house at the moment.

One of the most popular "toys" that we have made in the last few weeks has been the "egg people". Take an eggshell (empty) and the insides from a toilet roll. Paint, stick things on and voila you have an Eggweena or an Eggbert .. hours of fun! We did have to replace the head for a polystyrene one as the actual egg shell didn't pass the "Victoria" test!

I am very much looking forward to Joel's new book coming in May 2011. I think that there will be lots of interesting projects in there for us to play with for Victoria and her little brother Nicholas.

Have you made anything practical like Joel's projects for your little ones?

No comments: