Thursday 4 June 2009

Chess in Spring

Last night I had an idea for a quilt, and I thought I would share.

I have yet to block out how much fabric I would need and instructions, but what do you think? Should I take this idea one step further and do a pattern?

You could also use large chess pieces appliqued onto it rather than flowers. Not sure why I went for flowers....

Once I finish Tori's Technicolour Granny blanket (nearly there) and also our Zig Zag blanket, then I can start to do some serious quilting!

6 comments:

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

No the flowers are just perfect!! They really finish it off :)

danielle said...

i love this! perfect for a little ones play mat too, with the contrasting colours- i would love to make one based on this quilt!

Unknown said...

I love it !

Anonymous said...

Quilt is great, and you could applique anything on it, make kids versions, girls/boys, adults, teenagers, possibilities are endless.

what did you use to create the image? Is it a special program?

Margaret said...

Karen, I just used illustrator ... and I spent about 1 hour playing with little squares - what fun!

Kim said...

Love this idea! Go for it :-)