Friday 27 March 2009

Project Triangle

Stumbled across the 21 Dragon's web site while doing lesson preparation and they have a blog entry about the Project Triangle:




Particularly relevent to someone who has a business making things for others!

"In other words you have three options:

  • Design something quickly and to a high standard, but then it will not be cheap.
  • Design something quickly and cheaply, but it will not be of high quality.
  • Design something with high quality and cheaply, but it will take a long time." Wikipedia

I have just put my prices up on my Baby Shoes. Whilst it pains me to think that I am competing with Chinese imports, the reality is that if I do compete with them on price, then Konstant Kaos will not be around for very much longer! I notice so many business go down the path of getting things made in China and I would prefer not to do that ... so I have to find a happy medium between charging a price that people will accept as affordable and I also have to cover my costs so that I can sew another day!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I like your triangle - when I did my business mentoring they had a similar one: you can provide a good product, service or price but not all three, only a maximum of two so best to choose which ones you like best.

With my business I've gone for product and service as I can't compete much on price either.