Sunday 26 April 2009

The Raglan Pullover

In what was a moment of complete madness, I stumbled out of bed this morning at 7.15 and I dragged by slightly hung over body to Camberwell Market. Brown Owls were meeting at 8.30 for coffee and muffins and I wanted to do a quick round in case the heavens opened up. Last night we had some friends around for some slow cooked goodness .. pictures and recipe's later!

Luckily the sky stayed dry, but that didn't stop the icy cold from cutting right through me although I had several layers on. I road tested my new Market bag pattern. Managed to squeeze an umbrella into her and she strapped across my body quite nicely and sat on my hip under my coat as I strolled around.

As usual, I managed to come home with a bag full of goodies for only a few dollars ... I love retail therapy for under $20! I got some wool, patterns, recipe book for cakes and some gingham which will make some quick Rainbow Pack bags.

I am hoping to crochet what might resemble a scarf from the wool. Something to replace the red/black striped one I lost last winter. I don't have a pattern, I am just going to treble until it looks long and cosy.
The knitting patterns are interesting, although I don't really knit. I bought them for the pictures, they are a classic! Perhaps if I pass them onto my knitting friend she might do me one!!

I love this picture on the back, just a little bit suggestive!

It is crazy and cold outside with gale force warnings for most of the state. The cats are in front of the fire warming themselves and I can hear Tori upstairs talking to her toys ...

2 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Haha - such classic photos!!

CurlyPops said...

It must have been freeeeeezing thismorning!