Saturday 25 April 2009

Zakkalicious

My husband knows me so well (or perhaps he reads my blog!) ... he got me these glorious books for our wedding anniversary.


But the story goes that he had ordered them for my Birthday when the V&A book was "running late" as a substitute, and then they didn't arrive ... we tend not to do anniversary gifts, rather we go out for some fine dining at one of the glorious restaurants in Melbourne that we love.

Zakka Sewing (english instructions) and Handmade Zakka (japanese instructions)

I think that my first project from the book will be a linen peg basket using the lingerie fabric I got the other day from Patchwork on Central Park as a lining and a nice red on the outside with some embroidery. Not sure what I am embroidering yet, it might just be something simple like "pegs" or something like that.

I know I won't be attempting the bunny pencil cases, although the same idea could be applied to some dragon pencil cases or some fishy pencil cases .. Bunnies are just a bit too freaky for me!


I love these place mats and the embroidery on them, definitely on my "not important but nice" to do list! I'll need to see where I can get some reasonably priced linen from.


Ahh, there is never enough time in the day to do all that I want to do

1 comment:

Jemma. said...

Hi there! It was nice to meet you today. I've been coveting that Zakka sewing book for ages! Let me know if it's good, you might finally push me over the edge for a purchase :)